So, walking into work today the first thing someone says to me is “did you get any sleep, you look tired”. Yeah, New York kind of kicked my butt. It was exhausting, for sure. 15+ hours of going around the city and being on your feet every day will definitely wear you out. It was a great trip but I think I’m sticking to my opinion of New York City being an amazing place to visit but not one I could live in permanently. There’s definitely so much life and energy in the city but I think it is too much for me to handle. With that being said, I’m happy to be home but still looking forward to trip back there.
Some highlights of the trip:
- The Met, Schiaparelli and Prada exhibit
- The Smile, Manouri Cheese & Fig sandwich
- Oak NYC
- Le Bain at the Standard, for the view and seeing Alexander Wang there!
- La Colombe for iced latte
- Opening Ceremony flagship store
- Strand bookstore
- McNally Jackson bookstore
- Kinfolk Studios, Williamsburg
- Governors Ball NYC- Santigold, Atmosphere, Passion Pit, Kid Cudi, Phantogram, Devendra Banhart, Fiona Apple, Explosions in the Sky
- L’Artusi for pasta
- Abraco for iced latte and coffee
- Blind Barber NYC for the music
- Ippudo for ramen
- Chelsea High Line and Market
Explosions in the Sky- “Your Hand in Mine”
This was the last song I heard before leaving the music festival, the perfect ending to the 2 days for me.