Every year, like everyone else, I make a list of resolutions for the new year but usually don’t write them down but this year I thought I’d go ahead and put that list here so it’s out there (somewhat) permanently. Often my resolutions would be superficial things like lose weight, save money, get good grades, etc. but this year I aim to do things that will really help me be a better person and have a fuller life.
So, here is hopefully what my year will look like:
- Write more
- Read all the books on my shelves I haven’t read yet
- Edit down my belongings
- Welcome new adventures and experiences
- Spend time outside
- Walk Benny, Bianchi, and Mowgli (my dogs) more
- Volunteer and donate more
- Continue my education
- Appreciate the simple things
- Love more
Woodie Guthrie’s New Year’s resolutions, 1942:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Bonus: Neko Case- Magpie to the Morning